I’m still at the beginning stages of this room box project. The scale is standard one inch = twelve inches. The right side will feature a workshop with a working miniature garage door opening up to a driveway with landscaping on the left. The left side will be enclosed with plexiglass. The exterior of the garage will have board-and-batten applied and mostly likely will be painted barn red. Ultimately, the interior will be furnished with a scale model car, lots of tools, and will even have a few (faux) oil stains on the floor. If all goes well, this will be an anniversary gift for Mr. Project. He’s a gear-head, so he should love it!! I’ll keep you updated as I make progress.
I’ve had a few people ask about the pattern I used for the crochet bowl I posted the other day, so here’s some info. It was a freebie pattern that I picked up at JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts store. It is by Premier Yarns Premier Yarns and can be found on their website at http://www.premieryarns.com/patterns/124.pdf.
On another note, I attended the 200th anniversary art exhibit at my church Sunday. It was great, full of beautiful artwork. As I had guessed, I didn’t even manage to get an honorable mention. One went to a lovely quilt wall hanging commemorating the annual Blessing of the Animals our church has during the last outdoor service of the summer. All other awards went to paintings. Not surprising really considering the quality of the work! My good friend Debby won third prize for a stunning oil painting of out church in early spring. The show was too crowded Sunday to take any pictures, but I hope to stop by there this week and take a few shots to share. Regardless, I’m happy with my collage pieces and am glad I marshaled my courage and took the chance to enter them. Here’s to tackling more challenges in the future!
I’ve had a family blog for a while now and I use it to keep out-of-state family and friends in the loop and up-to-date. I have had a difficult determining how to integrate my many interests and pursuits into that one, so I admit, it has languished a bit in recent months. On top of my frustration, I was sick quite a bit during that time and just couldn’t quite get motivated.
I’ve been wanting a new blog. One that is more for me and more about me. That led to a new frustration … deciding on a name that would encompass all that I want to include in it. I’ve been doodling names for a couple of weeks now. Today, inspiration finally struck.
I chose “One Project After Another” because it perfectly describes my varied interests and my life!
Glad I can check that off my to-do list and move on to deciding how I want this blog to look. But first, I have to clean the kitchen!